I do not make this announcement lightly, but I feel I owe it to you, my loyal blog readers to hear it straight from me. After much deliberation and careful consideration, I have come to the decision that my favorite color is PURPLE, and not blue, as was previously thought. My parents were quite shocked when I told them about this monumentous realization. But they had to find out sooner or later, and I always feel that honesty is the best policy when it comes to these kinds of things. All told, they took the news pretty well. I hope that you, readers, will also take this announcement with an open heart and embrace purple as my color of choice. Therefore, please make whatever adjustments are necessary in your lives to handle this change. With time, I hope you will come to understand how I feel - that purple is simply superior to blue.
Thank you for your continued friendship in these tumultuous times.
Sincerely,
Claire
Dear Claire,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing this important news and for the sensitivity you showed in revealing this quite startling change of heart and mind. As you know, we love you and support you in whatever direction your life takes you, and especially as the tectonic plates of your life shift, as in this situation.
Love Always,
Grandma Margie
Don't give up on blue entirely! I find that "blue" (pronounced ba-loo) is a good answer to any question that I don't know.
ReplyDeleteWhen people ask me tricky things like "Is your cold better?" and "Who took you to the store?", I find it best to just confidently answer "ba-loo" and be on my way.