Monday, May 21, 2012

Old Man's Cave

 We went to Old Man's Cave in Hocking Hills.  That's in southern Ohio.  It was a hot day, but the temperature was perfect in the shady ravines of the park. 

 Dad and I explored this cave.  I pretended I was in the book "We're Going on a Bear Hunt."  Sadly, there was no bear in this cave.  Maybe she was out for the afternoon.

 We brought my bathing suit so I could play in the pools by the waterfalls.

 I very slowly climbed across this entire log - I was quite proud to make it all the way across.  Dad also sat on the log and did a Gollum impression.  Some daredevil guys were jumping off those big rocks into the pool below. 

Wading with my daddy.

 It was fun to get out of Westerville and enjoy some nature!


 I scared myself a little when I was telling/making up the story of the Old Man who used to live in the cave.  Was he a ghost?  Were there spiderwebs??



This tree stump was great for pretending to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid.

1 comment: